- Birth Date
- 4 June 1846
- Death Date
- 2 April 1866
Mary Isabella Hales
Her given name is listed as "Mary J." on the roster and in the 1860 Utah census. The Charles and Julia Hales family was mistakenly thought to have traveled in the 1851 Harry Walton/Garden Grove company, but they didn't travel to Utah until 1852 in the James C. Snow company. Mary, her husband Robert Berry, and Robert's brother Joseph were all killed by Indians in 1866.
Birth date and death date listed were found in a personal, online family history record (such as Family Tree, Ancestry, or My Heritage) without any accompanying documentation. Further research is needed to verify its accuracy.
- Age at Departure: 6
- 1860 Utah Census.
- “18th Company of 50 Report, 1852 July 11.” In Brigham Young Office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1850-1852. (CR 1234 5. Box 1, Folder 21)
- Find a Grave (Website)
- James Chauncy Snow Emigrating Company journal, 1852 July-October.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 115.
- Utah Cemetery Inventory
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.
- “Whites And Indians Killed," Deseret News [Weekly], 26 April 1866, 165.