- Birth Date
- 3 April 1821
- Death Date
- 4 April 1899
Elihu Ulysses Pettingill
Elihu took care of and provided for his parents the first three years they all lived in the Utah Valley. He ran a saw mill in Ogden shortly after they settled there. Three years later the family moved to and settled in Box Elder County near Willard.
He married Jane in 1849 in Council Bluffs, Iowa and they appear to have had 15 children. He also married Emma Maria Zundel in 1864 and had 8 children with her.
- Age at Departure: 31
- 1850 Iowa Census, Pottawattamie County.
- “18th Company of 50 Report, 1852 July 11.” In Brigham Young Office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1850-1852. (CR 1234 5. Box 1, Folder 21)
- James Chauncy Snow Emigrating Company journal, 1852 July-October.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 116.
- Presiding Bishopric. Immigrant Location Committee Minutes, (20 September - 13 October 1852).