- Birth Date
- 23 November 1795
- Death Date
- 3 December 1862
John Christopher Pettingill
Nine people traveled in his group. Five of them included immediate family members: his wife, Paulina, and their married son, Elihu, with his family. John was a cripple according to family histories so he traveled with Elihu's family to the Salt Lake Valley and settled in the Bountiful area for a few years before moving to Box Elder County in 1856 or 1857.
- Age at Departure: 56
- Head of Household
- 1850 Iowa Census, Pottawattamie County.
- 1850 United States Census
- 18th Company of 50 report, 1852 July 11.
- "21st Company," Deseret News, 18 September 1852, 2.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- James Chauncey Snow Emigrating Company journal, 1852 July-October.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 116.
- Presiding Bishopric immigrant location committee minutes, 1852 September 20-October 13.