- Birth Date
- 23 March 1843
- Death Date
- 3 February 1924
Elizabeth and John were orphans. They sailed to America with their mother Elizabeth on the ship Zetland arriving in New Orleans 26 December 1849. Their mother died in Missouri about 1851. Elizabeth and John came on to Utah in 1852.
In the 1860 Utah census he was living with the Robert Daft family. Find a Grave website has his birthday 23 March 1848 but it is hard to see if the last number is a 3 or 8. All other records have him born in 1843.
- Age at Departure: 9
- 1860 Utah census, Great Salt Lake, Utah Territory.
- "2nd Company of 50 reports, 1852 May 29." In Brigham Young Office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1850-1852. (CR 1234 5, Box 1, Folder 7)
- Eastern Idaho Death Records Database.
- England and Wales, Birth Registration Index, 1837-2008.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Idaho, Southeast Counties Obituaries, 1864-2007.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 10.
- Kimball, Lydia Maud Partridge, "Elizabeth Provided for Her Family," in Treasures of Pioneer History, 6 vols. [1952-57], 1:78.