- Birth Date
- 16 July 1781
- Death Date
- 23 May 1854
John and Clarissa Loomis Lyman traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in 1847 with the Daniel Spencer/Perrigrine Sessions Company, according to Jesse Nathaniel’s journal. They traveled with their two children and their families:
Their daughter Caroline Clara with her husband, Thomas Callister, and his second wife and daughter, Helen Marr Clark and Helen Marr;
And their son John Lyman Smith and his wife Augusta Bowen Cleveland.
John was a Patriarch of the Church.
- Age at Departure: 65
- Head of Household
- Find a Grave
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Later-day Saints, 21 June 1847, 8.
- Martin, Sophronia Moore, Autobiographical sketch [ca. 1915], 1.
- Perrigrine Sessions reminiscences and diaries, 1839-1886, Volume 1, 1845 February-1853 February, 11-13.
- Sessions, Patty Bartlett, Diaries and account book, 1846-1866; 1880, vol. 1.
- Smith, John Lyman, Autobiography and diaries 1846-1895, vol. 1, 26-31.
- Spencer, Daniel, Diaries 1845-1857, vol. 2.