- Birth Date
- 29 January 1798
- Death Date
He initially came to the Valley in 1847, but is seen crossing the plains again in 1850 in an unnamed company. Further research is needed to identify the name of the company with which he traveled.
Kellogg gave different years of birth during his life in census and church sources. They ranged from 1798, 1799, and 1801. We have used 1798 which we found in the earliest recorded document, a circa 1830s patriarchal blessing, and which agrees more with the age given on the 1850 and 1860 censuses.
- Age at Departure: 49
- Age at Departure: 51
- 1850 Utah Census.
- Camp of Israel schedules and reports, 1845-1849.
- George Benjamin Wallace Emigrating Company journal, 1847 June-September.
- Martin Henderson Harris, A Utah Pioneer: His Life, Labors, and Posterity (1952), 17.
- Nauvoo Temple Endowment Register.
- Patriarchal Blessing Index, 1833-1971. (Closed to Research)