- Birth Date
- 15 September 1836
- Death Date
- 14 July 1901
The family sailed to America in 1849 on the ship Ashland.
Several years later, Philip again crossed the plains as part of the Seeley out-and-back company. He was acting as either a teamster, or the company secretary, or both.
- Age at Departure: 15
- Age at Departure: 31
- Out-and-Back Teamster
- 1860 Utah Census, Utah County.
- 1870 Utah Census.
- 1880 Utah Census.
- "2nd Company," Deseret News [Weekly], 18 Sep. 1852, 2.
- England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
- Find a Grave (Website)
- “Immigration,” Semi-Weekly Telegraph, 27 August 1868, 3.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 9.
- "Phillip Hurst," In Biographical Information Relating to Mormon Pioneer Overland Travel database.
- United States Index to Indian Wars Pension Files, 1892-1926.
- Utah, Veterans with Federal Service Buried in Utah, Territorial to 1966.