- Birth Date
- 22 August 1821
- Death Date
- 4 March 1910
The Knight family left Liverpool on 24 September 1848 on the “Sailor Prince” and arrived in New Orleans, Louisiana. The ship manifests indicate that the Knight family as parents, James and Maria, and children, Charles, Oswell, and Mary. Charles was traveling with his wife, Elizabeth Lampitt, and children George, James, and Rhoda.
Prior to the family’s travels across the plains, James died of Cholera in St. Joseph, Missouri in 1849.
In Iowa, Oswell, Mary, and their mother joined with the Edward Hunter Company in 1850 and traveled to the Salt Lake Valley through the Perpetual Emigrating Fund.
Charles with his wife and surviving children, James and William Wallace, joined the James Jepson Company in 1852 and traveled to the Salt Lake Valley.
- Age at Departure: 30
- Head of Household
- 1860 Utah Census, Salt Lake County.
- "2nd Company," Deseret News, 18 September 1852, 2.
- "Death of Charles Knight," Deseret News , 5 Mar. 1910, 16.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 11.
- Utah, Deaths and Burials, 1888-1946.
- Utah, Salt Lake County Death Records, 1849-1949.