- Birth Date
- 3 October 1825
- Death Date
- 12 August 1920
Thomas Searls Terry
Thomas initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Daniel Spencer/Perrigrine Sessions Company in 1847.
At the end of a mission, he returned home with the James Hart Company in 1857. He was the Captain of the 1st Ten.
- Age at Departure: 21
- Age at Departure: 31
- 1850 Utah Census.
- Black, Susan Easton. Membership of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints: 1830-1848 (Provo, UT: Brigham Young University, [1984-1988]).
- Book of the Pioneers, 1:15.
- Dutson, John William, "A Short History and Genealogy of John W. Dutson," 29-39.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Huntington. Octogenarian Honored," Deseret News, 23 Nov. 1905, 9.
- Jenson, Andrew, Latter-day Saint Biographical Encyclopedia , 3:261.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 21 June 1847, 6.
- "Man Who Dug First Well in Salt Lake Dies at Enterprise," The Deseret News , 4 Sep. 1920, 6.
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852." In Wright, Norman Edgar, ed., Key to Migration Sources Great Britain and North America.
- Sarah M. Cannon journal, 1857 May-September, Folder 1, 1857 May-September.
- Terry, Thomas Searles, Autobiography [ca. 1856], 15-16.
- Thomas S. Terry autobiography and diary, circa 1856, 1857 June-1859 December.
- Thomas Searles Terry, Biographical sketches, 1891-2013.
- Utah Death Certificates.