- Birth Date
- 24 May 1836
- Death Date
- 21 February 1903
William Edward Partington
He sailed to America in 1843 with his parents and siblings on the ship Swanton.
William initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the James Jepson Company in 1852. However, he later participated as one of the rescuers that were sent out in the winter of 1856 to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming.
- Age at Departure: 16
- Age at Departure: 20
- 1900 Utah Census.
- "2nd Company," Deseret News [Weekly], 18 Sep. 1852, 2.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 8.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- "Names of Persons Who Volunteer to Go as Teamsters" in Offerings for the assistance of the P. E. F. immigrants, 1856 October in Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files, 1850-1887.
- Partington, William Edward, Autobiographical sketch.
- Robert T. Burton diaries, 1856-1907; Record book, circa 1856 October-November.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah, Deaths and Burials, 1888-1946.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.