- Birth Date
- 15 October 1819
- Death Date
- 4 March 1902
His birth date is confirmed by the missionary register and Find a Grave web site.
He was the Company Clerk. His age is listed as "30" on the roster.
- Age at Departure: 31
- 11th Company of 50 record, 1852 June 17-September 20, Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports, 1850-1862.
- Candland, David, Diary of David Candland 1819-1902, 11, BX 8670.1 .C161.
- Candland, David, Report, in Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company, General files 1849-1898, reel 1, box 1, fd. 4.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Genealogy and Family Pioneer History. Mount Pleasant Historical Association
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 73.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files, 1850-1887.
- Powell, Delna Swapp, Eleventh Pioneer Emigration Company 1852 , , p. 95, 110, 123, 127
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.