- Birth Date
- 15 October 1819
- Death Date
- 4 March 1902
David sailed to America in 1842 on the ship Medford. There are only two passengers listed--David and Orson Hyde. He married Mary Ann Barton in Nauvoo.
The first documentation to place the family in Utah is the 1850 Utah census, which was taken in the Spring of 1851. This confirms that they arrived in Utah by 1850. Further research is needed to determine the year of their arrival and the name of the pioneer company with which they traveled to Utah.
His birth date is confirmed by the missionary register and Find a Grave web site.
He was the Company Clerk. His age is listed as "30" on the roster.
- Age at Departure: Unknown
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 32
- 11th Company of 50 record, 1852 June 17-September 20, Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports, 1850-1862.
- 1850 Utah Census.
- Candland, David, Diary of David Candland 1819-1902, 11, BX 8670.1 .C161.
- Candland, David, Report, in Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company, General files 1849-1898, reel 1, box 1, fd. 4.
- Early Missionary Database
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Genealogy and Family Pioneer History. Mount Pleasant Historical Association
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 73.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files, 1850-1887.
- Powell, Delna Swapp, Eleventh Pioneer Emigration Company 1852 , , p. 95, 110, 123, 127
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.