- Birth Date
- 15 June 1807
- Death Date
- 15 September 1893
Mercy Rachel Thompson
Mercy Rachel Fielding
Mercy traveled in the Daniel Spencer/Perrigrine Sessions company with her daughter, Mary Jane Thompson. She was a widow. According to 1850 census records, she lived together with her daughter in Salt Lake city in a house right next to the home of her brother, Joseph. Her date of death is confirmed by Utah, Salt Lake County death records.
- Age at Departure: 40
- Head of Household
- 1850 Utah Census, Salt Lake County.
- Book of the Pioneers, Book 2, p. 279.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- “Pioneer Reminiscences—By One Who Crossed the Plains in 1847, Aged Nine Years,” Deseret Evening News, 21 May 1897, 8.
- Sessions, Patty Bartlett, Diaries and account book, 1846-1866; 1880, vol. 1.
- Thompson, M. J., "Early Church Recollections," Juvenile Instructor , 15 July 1897, 430-31.
- Thompson, Mercy Rachel Fielding, Autobiographical sketch 1880, 11.
- Utah, Salt Lake County Death Records, 1849-1949.