Farrell, George Lionel, [Interview], in "Utah Pioneer Biographies," 44 vols., 10:16-17.
9. He joined captain James S. Brown's Company as assistant captain and captain of the guard. After they had been on the road for two weeks captain Brown was taken ill and Bishop Farrell was called to take his place.
10. What was the place of your destination in Utah?
10. Place arrived: On reaching Utah, August 12, 1859, they went to Farmington where he lived for a quarter of a year.
13. Method of travel (handcart, ox team, mule team, horseback, etc.)
13. Method of travel was by ox team.