Munk, Peter, [Interview], in "Utah Pioneer Biographies," 44 vols., 20:173-75.
10. St. Louis, Missouri
11. When did it leave for Utah?
11. Didn't know.
12. What was the place of your destination in Utah? Why did you come to Utah?
12. Spring City. Because he joined the L.D.S. Church in Denmark and wished to be with the other Saints.
13. When did you arrive there?
13. September 30, 1853.
14. Who was the leader of your company or train?
14. John Forrest Green.
15. Method of travel (handcart, ox team, mule team, horseback, etc.)
15. Ox team.
34. Tell about coming to your state in a covered wagon.
34. When they were coming across the plains, they came to a place called Lupe [Loup] Fork. There was toll bridge, but the pioneers didn't cross because they were changing [charging] too much. So they went up the Fork and built a bridge of their own.
On their way a Julius Christensen fell out of the wagon and the wheel ran across his face and smashed his nose. His father pulled the splintered bones out of his nose with a pinchers. They administered to him and he became well again. Brother Munk gathered a great many berries.