Pitt, Robert Calvin, [Interview], in "Utah Pioneer Biographies," 44 vols., 23:147-48.
11. When did you leave for Utah?
11. He left for Utah in 1850.
12. What was the place of your destination in Utah? Why did you come to Utah?
12. The first place he landed was in Echo Canyon and Salt Creek Canyon when he came to Utah, and he came here to join the Mormon Church, he liked the people in Utah very much.
15. Method of travel (handcart, ox team, mule team, horseback, etc.)
15. He came to Utah by Ox team.
34. Tell about coming to your state in a covered wagon.
34. While they were coming here in a covered wagon, they had in their company about twenty or more. He was small at the time and his father told him about the things that happened on the plains. They gathered a few berries called mice berries. They had no stock to herd, and they used to work in the fields. The Indians were called the Utes and they didn't seem to be wild because they would come over to our camp and ask us for something to eat. We would tell them to come again and they didn't seem to mind it.