Moyes, John H., [Interview], in "Utah Pioneer Biographies," 44 vols., 20:154,156,158-59.
11. They left Wyoming July 25, 1866 with about 500 other emigrants.
13. When did you arrive there?
13. They arrived in Salt Lake City on September 29, 1866.
14. Who was the leader of your company or train?
14. Captain Daniel Thompson was the leader of the company.
15. Method of travel (handcart, ox team, mule team, horseback, etc.)
15. They traveled by ox train, eighty-four wagons in the train and three yoke of cattle to every wagon.
34. When they came across the plains in 1866 they had to cross the North Platte River and it took them all day to do so. They had to double up the teams of oxen, putting six yoke on each wagon. The people all had to walk through the river. They would all hold hands and the water came up to their necks.