On 24 November 1850 the Swiss Mission was organized. The Swiss and Italian Mission was created when the Italian Mission was closed and absorbed into the Swiss Mission in 1854. In 1861 the German Mission closed and was joined with the Swiss and Italian Mission becoming the Swiss, Italian, and German Mission. The country of the Netherlands was separated to become a new mission in 1864. A few years later, the Swiss, Italian, and German Mission became the Swiss and German Mission. In 1898, the mission split once more into the Swiss Mission and the German Mission. However, a few years later they recombined into the Swiss-German Mission, which was renamed the Swiss Austrian Mission in early 1938 before being renamed in November of that year to the Swiss Mission.
The mission home was located at Hoschgasse 68, Munster, Zürich, Switzerland. It was shared with the German Mission.