- Birth Date
- 14 November 1827
- Death Date
- 14 May 1900
He came from England in 1855 on the ship S. Curling, with his wife Susannah and daughters, Elizabeth and Martha. John initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with his wife and two children. Evidence from the Church financial records indicates that they traveled to Utah in 1855 with the Milo Andrus Company. He later participated as one of the rescuers that were sent out in the winter of 1856 to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming.
- Age at Departure: 27
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 28
- 1860 Utah Census.
- 1870 Utah Census.
- 1880 Utah Census.
- Early Missionary Database
- England Marriages, 1538-1973.
- "Names of Passengers," Deseret News, 17 October 1855, 5.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts, 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 162.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 391.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 116.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886 Ledger D, p. 116
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah, FamilySearch, Early Church Information File, 1830-1900
- Utah, Veterans with Federal Service Buried in Utah, Territorial to 1966.
- Utah Death Registers, 1847-1966
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.