- Birth Date
- 22 January 1857
- Death Date
- 18 May 1926
John Blench Gibson
John was not listed in any of the company sources but he was found living with his family in the 1860 census on 29 June 1860 in Douglas, Nebraska. However, the family was enumerated a second time in 1860 (14 August 1860) in Omaha City, Nebraska, but John was not listed in the second enumeration. At this time, it is believed that John did travel with his family to Utah and that the omission of his name from the company roster and the second 1860 enumeration is a mistake.
- Age at Departure: 3
- 1860 United States Census
- 1900 United States Federal Census.
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 6.
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 7.
- Portrait, Genealogical and Biographical Record of the State of Utah (Chicago: National Historical Record Co., 1902), 192.