- Birth Date
- 5 April 1827
- Death Date
- 13 November 1891
Richard, his wife Susann, children Betsy, William and Eliza came from England in 1857 on the ship Tuscarora.
Richard came with his family. He had responsibility for the commissary. The company he traveled with was noted in local church financial records.
His death date is confirmed by the burial record and Find A Grave website.
- Age at Departure: 35
- Head of Household
- 1870 Utah Census, Cache County.
- "Captain Miller’s Company," Deseret News, 17 September 1862, 92.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Henry Stokes, Reminiscences, 4-18. Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Ledger Index, [1992, 2013].
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Stokes, Henry, "Captain H. W. Miller's Company," Deseret News [Weekly], 22 Oct. 1862, 136.
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1967.